Friday, May 4, 2012

Round 6..here we go.

I feel like I have learned a new language. One no one wants to speak. No one wants to know and understand but sadly many people do. It's the language on message boards for women with RPL (repeat pregnancy loss). When I first thought about writing this post I realized a lot of people wouldn't even understand what I was talking about. There is so much lingo, abbreviations, medical terms that it's just ridiculous. I used to have to pause and think about what the ladies on these boards were talking about and now I type the same things without even thinking about it! I will try not to use those abbreviations at least because seriously it's confusing :)

First off I got a positive pregnancy test today. This is the start of my 6th pregnancy. Six, seriously, I am 26 years old and this is the 6th time I have been pregnant. What a lot of people don't realize is that means I have had to have all the pregnancy hormones that go along with each of those pregnancies plus a ridiculous amount of pain both physically and emotionally. I guess what I am trying to say is never say to a women suffering from RPL "Well at least you know you can get pregnant". That is a pet peeve of many rplers and they won't feel very comforted. Trust me.

I have so much hope for this pregnancy. So much is different. Timing for one. I think the timing of this pregnancy will prove to be much better than the others. I am going to acupuncture twice weekly. I am taking baby asprin and I finally got prescribed the steroid I had been hoping to get. Most of all I am so much more positive feeling this time. Of course I want to be guarded. The last couple pregnancies I tried to be reserved with my emotions. I didn't really "Think" I would have a baby. I thought I would have another loss..and I did. This time I am putting my faith in a lot of hope and prayer. Good thoughts from friends, good vibes, prayers, whatever it takes. Plus, I have an extra angel on my side this time.

This baby will be my rainbow baby much like Eislynn was my first rainbow baby after our first loss.

Rainbow baby (as explained by a member of babycenter.com)
"Rainbow Babies" are the understanding that the beauty of a rainbow does not negate the ravages of the storm. When a rainbow appears, it does not mean that the storm never happened or that the family is not still dealing with its aftermath. What it means is that something beautiful and full of light has appeared in the midst of the darkness and the clouds. Storm clouds may still loom over but the rainbow provides a counterbalance of color, energy, and much needed hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment